“GEICO’s Blueprint ‘Save Me’ Commercial”

Perhaps you’ve noticed, the most recent awesome GEICO commercial has hit the airwaves.  There’s no Gecko, Caveman, or little stack of googley-eyed cash, but it’s still very clearly about saving money.  But more importantly, it features the song “Save Me”, which I did with DCP Productions.  Click here to watch the ‘Save Me’ commercial (and many others) on DCP’s website, or check out the commercial on Youtube!

About these ads

About Sean Brennan

Composer/Sound Designer

28 Responses to “GEICO’s Blueprint ‘Save Me’ Commercial”

1. Matt says:

Please make a full version, this song is awesome

2. Matt says:

If not, I loved the sound, can you suggest songs so I can capture the awesomeness?

3. Nigel says:

People are going crazy on YouTube trying to find this song. Please make a full version of this awesome jingle. Then, once you’re on the radio, you can send me some $ for inspiring you to do so. Just kidding. But seriously though make a full version.

4. jimmy says:

I agree. This is a smash hit just waiting to be finished…

5. Cutler says:

Love the song!!! Can’t wait for the full version. Keep up the good work!

6. k1steve53 says:

ditto

7. Mark says:

I was going over it in my head…. Kiss? No, Bon Jovi? No. Aerosmith? Maybe… I was truly surprised that this wasn’t a remake.

8. Heather says:

I’ve been trying to figure out who did this song bc I was going to download, like, right now.

Want song!

9. Tom says:

The one voice totally sounds like Steven Tyler from Aerosmith. Catchy jingle. Anticipating full length song.

10. Jennifer Howard says:

Thank you for this song! Love the Geico commercials but I have to say the song makes that commercial my favorite! I can’t wait for the full version!

11. Ben says:

Yeah, I thought that was Steven Tyler, too. Cant wait for the full length song to come out. Catchy for sure!

12. LBB says:

You all are thinking you’ve heard this music before & the truth is, you pretty much have. If you’ve heard Moby’s smash hit album ‘Play’ (and Everyone has – it was HUGE), the very 1st track ‘Honey’ starts identical to this. It’s a blended sample from an old gospel recording by Bessie Jones’ song ‘Sometime’ w/ some A. Lomax. Just go listen to the song Honey by Moby. Samples of samples… catchy stuff.

13. Ahkenatan says:

First let me say I don’t know what to say about how amazing this song is. I am speechless. It’s been a long LONG time since I’ve heard a decent uplifting rock/gospel/blues song. I have 3 comments about you and your music.
    1. How many people made this? 6? Computers, hardware I don’t care it’s incredible what you did.
    2. Please get every single person back to right where they were when you finished recording this song so you can crank out more of this magic and rule the gospel/rock genre. I mean everyone, right down to the janitors working in the studio bathrooms.
    3. Where can I purchase this song? I checked iTunes with no luck. I need to own it and you need to take my money.

In all seriousness excellent work. Thanks for a great song.

• Sean Brennan says:

Thank you! GEICO just released the full length version of the song on Myxer.com. You can get it here: <

• jimmy says:

On Facebook, I posted the Geico Commercial and how several of us fans tracked you down. And also posted a link to the free full version, which is absolutely fantastic! BTW… I’ve had ‘Save Me’ on repeat all night long and it just hit me… the only other song I’ve ever heard with this kind of powerful pull was Neil Diamond’s “Brother Love’s Traveling Salvation Show” That’s pretty good company Sean! With my sincere regards, Jimmy Catanzaro

14. Etrah45 says:

I love the song, and you had me right up to the part where you exhort everyone to ‘Get up out of your seat…” Other than that, the song is terrific, a real ear-catcher! I enjoyed the more bluesy vocal in the commercial version slightly more than in the full-length tune, but it’s still terrific!
    Unbelievable that a commercial can bring such a response!

15. Peter Doubt says:

Done well, but sounds an awful lot like Leon Russell to me…a little too much, if you ask me.

16. Gerry says:

Reminds me of North Mississippi Allstars with a touch of Sonny Landreth. Love it! :-)

17. Alan Mack says:

Kind of Chris Cornell to me… no?